We are a successful PR consultancy specialising in the technology sector seeking an additional Account Executive due to continued growth. We work with a range of industry-leading clients and have particular strengths in business-to-business and corporate communications.
Reporting to an Account Director, you will help us build and manage clients’ reputations through trade and national media relations. Working Mon – Fri 9am – 5.30pm, you will receive a starting salary of up to £25K, 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), auto-enrolment pension, cycle to work scheme and the opportunity to study for an industry recognised qualification.
The main duties of the role include:
- Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases, articles, blog posts, emails, tweets and other materials that require minimal amendments by senior colleagues and clients.
- Proofreading all written materials carefully before submitting them to senior colleagues.
- An understanding of how the media works in areas relevant to the Company and its clients.
- Building relationships with journalists, with the support of senior colleagues.
- Managing the process of press release distribution, to include list-building.
- Helping research and identify forward feature and other media opportunities for clients.
- Helping to sell-in stories to journalists and handle incoming media enquiries, as directed.
- Demonstrating confidence and professionalism in journalist discussions.
- Assisting in the organisation of media events and helping prepare materials for meetings.
- Devising, creating and implementing marketing content, as directed.
- Developing an understanding of content marketing strategies and programmes.
- Participating actively in meetings with colleagues, clients, journalists and other parties.
- Discussing/presenting information in client meetings and presentations, as directed.
- Liaising with clients in a professional manner, establishing good working relationships.
- Undertaking desk research for client programmes and new business pitches, as directed.
- Possessing the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritise.
- Contributing to social media activities of the Company and its clients.
- Handling administration for client accounts, including press cuttings management, report preparation and feature schedule updating.
- Developing useful and relevant business contacts
- Briefing suppliers, such as designers and photographers.
You will be a graduate calibre candidate with excellent English language skills both written and verbal. An interest in technology or aviation would be beneficial, as would the ability to quickly understand complex topics and technology. PR experience gained through your work or studies is essential, with the ability to write press releases.
You will be rewarded with a starting salary of up to £25K, within a challenging role in a friendly and supportive team that works hard but understands the importance of work/life balance. As well as giving you plenty of client exposure, opportunities to prove yourself and expert on-the-job coaching, we will fund external training to help you gain a PRCA professional qualification and encourage the development and progression of your career.
Salary: £20k - 25k per year + 25 Days Holiday
Contact: Glen Nash
Telephone: 01276 605000