We are a leading local charity based near Farnham and due to extra workload in the department, we require additional support within the finance department. We are looking for an Accounts and Finance Assistant to join our team for approx. 3 months starting asap.
Working 30 hours a week, across Monday through to Friday or 28 hours across 4 days (to include a Wednesday), we can offer an hourly rate up to £12p/h exclusive of holiday pay, along with free parking.
Working as part of our small but friendly team within a busy finance office you will report directly to the Finance Manger predominantly inputting data onto finance and fundraising systems from the donations received. Additionally, the role will support our retail accounting and assist with general office duties with the Finance Department
The Accounts and Finance Assistant role will involve:
- Upload bank receipts from the main bank statement to Exchequer (finance system) and Raiser’s Edge (fundraising system)
- For Virgin Money, Just Giving and similar, process reports detailing the control accounts to the income accounts in Exchequer and make parallel entries in Raiser’s Edge Process downloaded reports from Just Giving and similar and process these donations in Exchequer and Raiser’s Edge
- Enter donations and event entries made via our website onto the above systems
- Set up and maintain donors on Raiser’s Edge
- Pass donations reports to our fundraisers for acknowledgement
- Assist with the post ensuring it is sorted, opened and distributed in accordance with PTHC policy and that donations are recorded properly upon receipt
- Audit petty cash receipts and other retail transactions and highlight issues as appropriate
To be successful for the Accounts and Finance Assistant you will have knowledge of Sage/Exchequer/QuickBooks or similar and be a Qualified bookkeeper or AAT studier, or have sound experience of working on accounting ledgers with a good understanding of the double entry system. You will have experience of entering data into accounting and other systems and the ability to import/export data from software packages. You will need to be have highly accurate data entry skills with experience of high volumes of numeric data and good attention to detail. You must have GCSE in Maths of grade C or above as a minimum.
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of staff and customers is required so you must be a clear and confident communicator over the phone and by email.
Please submit your CV should you be interested in this opportunity.
Salary: £10.50 - 12.00 per hour + Parking and Holiday Pay
Contact: Emma Ganner
Telephone: 01276 605000