We are a well-established law firm based in Farnham who are seeking a full time Accounts Assistant /Legal Cashier to work within their accounts team.
You will be working for a long established and reputable firm of solicitors and we can offer Monday to Friday working between 9am – 5pm, a salary up to £28k, free parking, 25 days holiday, Christmas shut down up to 2 weeks, pension, death in service and subsidised legal costs.
Reporting to the Practice Manager and working alongside the team the Accounts Assistant/Legal Cashier role with cover the following duties:
- Operation of the firm’s client and office bank accounts, including timely reconciliation of all bank accounts, monitoring/posting receipts and payments,
- making/authorising payments, identifying and effecting transfers and posting disbursement transactions.
- Accounts payable processing and coordination
- Prepare weekly and monthly management financial information
- Month end and year end reporting
- Liaison with fee earners regarding balances (disbursements or client money) including
- interpreting ledger reports to assist in the management of matters.
- Reconciliation and posting of Searchflow, Land registry and Companies house accounts
- Responsibility for all accounts filing and end of period Filing and Archiving of Accounts Records
- Help and assist other members of staff with accounts preparation and queries
- Assist and support the Practice Manager with the day to day administration of the
- Accounts department, such as debt collection, HR (payroll and staff benefits), SAR audit and quarterly VAT return
To be successful for the role of Accounts Assistant/Legal Cashier you have at least 3 years previous experience working in an Accounts role ideally within a solicitors or legal environment but this is not essential. You will be computer literate, competent user of Excel a must. A willingness to study for additional qualifications is essential.
Please send us your CV for immediate consideration.
Salary: £24k - 28k per year + Parking, 25 Days holiday
Contact: Glen Nash
Telephone: 01276 605000