We are a UK based charitable organisation with our Head Office based in Frimley seeking an Administration Support Services Team Leader being the Manager to a team of 4 Learning Support Administrator forming the Learner Support Services department. Reporting into the Head of Quality and Compliance. working Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm. We can offer free parking, some remote working and 23 days holiday with a contributory pension and Christmas shutdown. We can offer a salary of £28 to £30k and the chance to secure a hands on Team Manager role as part of a friendly and well established organisation.
The role is very much to manage the operation, staff and processes of client data in partnership with our external stakeholders. Ensuring that the team delivers an effective, timely and customer focused service which maximises the accuracy and quality of client data in support of statutory returns to the Department for Education, collection of qualification course fee income, future planning of the department and student satisfaction.
To be successful you should have proven and exceptional team management skills and be able to demonstrate your ability to manage a varied team on a day to day basis with professionalism and confidence. Being responsible for all aspects of managing their workload and the individuals directly whilst also assisting in the day to day operational administrative duties required of the department.
The post holder will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure the delivery of a high performance, resilient service which conforms to both institutional and statutory standards. The role holder will be an integral part of the Learner Support Team and will be required to work closely with colleagues across the organisation to deliver a professional and adaptive service. The post holder will be expected to form strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation to ensure processes and systems are continuously aligned with business and statutory requirements.
- To be responsible for and manage the work of the team from application to certification.
- To monitor and manage achievements of the team’s Key Performance Indicators as agreed with the Head of Quality & Compliance.
- Set individual targets for reportees.
- To be responsible for and manage the data transfer between ourselves and Awarding Organisations.
- To monitor and manage data quality within the student record system and advise on preventative and corrective action as appropriate.
- To contribute to the design of new/enhanced processes, contributing to improved data quality and efficiency of the business.
- To undertake the day-to-day management of the student records team, notably
through leave authorisation, sickness monitoring, recruitment and selection activities (including temporary members of staff) and the performance of annual reviews
- To support the curriculum development and operations team in monitoring the learner progress by communicating directly with the learners.
- To attend training, meetings and networking events as and when required.
- To work towards the core values set for the whole organisation.
- To proactively lead in the LSS team and manage student record functions in this and other student events
- To agree and support the coordination, development, implementation and monitoring effective and efficient processes for the handling of student data.
- To support the Finance Department with monitoring the timely invoicing and payments of learners, ensuring that they are paid on time.
- To support the Head of Quality & Compliance in responding to complaints and appeals through investigation and information gathering.
- To support and engage in the student data journey experience.
- To monitor and advise on the accuracy and timeliness of updates to the data so as to ensure compliance with funding and audit rules.
- To monitor registrations to ensure that the funding source is correctly allocated and payment has been received where appropriate.
Training and Development:
- To identify training needs within the team.
- To ensure that all staff who enter and update data on student record system are trained in, and follow, procedures relating to that system.
- To provide relevant training where necessary in consultation with the Head of Quality & Compliance.
- To ensure processes and procedures are documented ensuring compliance.
- To maintain awareness of Awarding Organisation standards and procedures.
- To undertake any relevant work as delegated by the Head of Quality & Compliance.
To be successful you should have the following:-
- Proven team leader, supervisory or manager skills gained within a administration department.
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good verbal and written communications skills diplomacy and the ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Effective interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work accurately with a good attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Any Knowledge and or experience of working in the charity, voluntary and/or education sector would also be of interest.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Salary: £28k - 30k per year + free parking
Contact: Louisa Leyland
Telephone: 01276 605000