This client is going through an exciting period of growth and development, extremely well established already within its own sector a new investment from a recent acquistion is springboarding exciting engineering challenges in both the existing product base and NPI. The succesful candidates will be joining a highly skilled team of Design Engineers, and working on both existing projects and new product design. The roles are ready for skilled engineers to jump straight in and start to share ideas and collaborate on development.
CV’s are invited from engineers with min 2 years ANALOGUE DESIGN EXPERIENCE, candidates from overseas are very welcome but must already be eligibkle to work in the UK as these roles are availble immediately. Interviews Mid July. 1st SKYPE , 2nd SKYPE (or onsite depending on currently UK guidelines at the time) – Online Portfolios or email files of relevant projects would be very welcome as part of this submission process.
The JD is extensive so please apply for further details but the summary below pays particular attention to the minimum requirements expected by the hiring managers.
- Development of concepts and designs to meet customer and/or internal requirements, taking the product through design and development to production
- Modification and enhancement of existing designs to meet customer requirements
- Design and test of new high voltage power supplies
- Design and build of test equipment
- Circuit schematic capture and layout of PCBs (both low and high voltage stages) using PC software tools.
- Degree in Electronic & Electrical Engineering or close derivative at 2:1 or above preferred
- Degree in Physics (or similar) or HNC/HND in Electronics with significant applicable knowledge and experience would be acceptable
- Thorough understanding of analogue electronics, control loops and power supply stability * This must be evidenced in your CV and form a significant part of your working experience. This is not a role targetted at graduate applications on those without a minimum of 2 years in ANALOGUE product design
- Detailed knowledge of high voltage power supplies
- Thorough understanding of low noise analog circuits
- Understanding of digital circuits, low noise signal conversion and embedded systems
- Experience as lead engineer on at least three projects, taking the project from concept to production * Evidence of this must be outlined in your CV application or covering letter.
- Switch mode and linear power supply design experience
- Experience of design for manufacture and design for test
- Experience of embedded systems and use of microcontrollers
- Familiarity with simulation tools & test methods for transient analysis, loop stability and frequency response analysis
- Practice in working with PCB CAD and 2D CAD systems and some experience of 3D CAD
- Conversant with product safety and EMC
Experience of the following is not essential but would be an advantage;
- Regulatory requirements (EN/UL61010)
- High voltage design experience
- Electric field FEA
- Software development for test systems
Location: West Sussex
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £42k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281