Due to continued expansion and our continued growth, we require an additional two Assembly and Production Assistant to join our modern manufacturing and production site in Alton working 39 hours per week Mon to Fri with overtime available and free parking. Our hours of work are 8am – 4.45pm Mon to Thur and 8am – 2pm on a Friday. We offer a starting pay rate of £8.72 with paid holiday and weekly pay initially. We can offer weekly paid work on an ongoing basis for 3 months with a view to offering a permanent role should this be of interest.
We are a leading UK manufacturer and distributor of electrical products and are seeking additional Production Assembly Operatives working in a small team and under the direct instruction and supervision of the Production Supervisor. The Production Assembly Operative requires the accurate and timely manufacture of the company’s products working from an Assembly work bench as part of our friendly team. Ideally you will have experience of working within an assembly line, production type environment dealing with small products or components that require assembly prior to despatch. Any electrical or PCB experience would be an advantage. Previous experience of using small hand held tools or equipment requiring fine and accurate skills.
Your role will be varied and cover both PCB and more general production assembly work so you must have an eye for detail and enjoy working within a precision based role.
• Preparation of sub-assembly and/or final assembly of products using the appropriate work instructions or standard manufacturing samples. Previous soldering experience would be an advantage.
• Perform on line product testing using the relevant test instructions and test equipment provided.
• Perform the final check, labelling and packing of the products including any installation instructions ready for dispatch.
• Operation of light production machinery according to the level of responsibility, experience and as supervised.
• Ensure that production output is efficient, of consistently high quality and in line with allocated process timings.
• Ensure all manufacturing and general procedures are followed as defined in the Company Quality Manual and to ensure production and assembly areas are maintained in a safe, clean and tidy manner.
• Assist with the production build, assembly tasks and support the rest of the production team when required by the Production Supervisor/Management.
• Ensure that the work order details are followed as detailed on the printed Bills of Material and Job Cards and highlight any issues or problems to the Production Supervisor.
• Monitor and control any non-conforming materials, sub-assemblies or products generated as part of the manufacturing process and highlight any failures to the Production Supervisor.
• Ensure strict compliance with all the factory Health and Safety procedures including notices, policies and practices and highlight any related issues to the Production Supervisor or Management.
To be successful as an Assembly and Production Assistant you should have the following skills:-
Ability to use small hand tools and have good hand to eye co-ordination and dexterity.
Must be able to communicate and work well with others in a small team environment.
Soldering and printed circuit board assembly experience is beneficial and preferable but not essential as training can be given.
In return we can offer a temporary to permanent opportunity for someone seeking to join a well established and secure company. We would consider applicants from recent College leavers seeking to build upon thier experience, someone looking to return to work or perhaps you already have some assembly/production experience and are available asap.
If you would like to be part of our team based at our modern factory in Alton then please forward your CV asap.
Ref: 3847/9 rev
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £8.72 - 9.50 per hour + free parking
Contact: Emma-Louise Cluskey