We are a prestigious school based in Farnham who due to internal staff movement are seeking a proactive Caretaker to join our friendly team. Working 40 hours, 7am to 3pm Monday to Friday on a full-time basis, we can offer a competitive salary of up to £23.6k plus free parking, free lunches, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and staff pension.
Reporting into the Estates Manager, the Caretaker is predominately responsible for the cleaning of, and general maintenance of school premises, school furnishings and supporting throughout the school.
The main duties will be:-
- The general cleaning and minor maintenance of the school including dormitories, washrooms, WC facilitates, windows and administration areas.
- The repair of furnishings and equipment as required.
- To assist with larger maintenance projects during the designated school’s holidays.
- General upkeep of the School’s fleet of transport and associated tasks
- The undertaking of grounds works including gardening and the cutting of grass as required.
- Adherence to all Health & Safety working practices, including school procedures and policies on the storage of hazardous materials and chemicals.
- The upkeep and cleanliness of the school’s cleaning machines and equipment.
- The distribution of paper products around the school for hygiene purposes.
To be successful as Caretaker you should ideally have at least 1 year’s previous experience within a similar cleaning or caretaking role and ideally a full clean driver’s license. You are required to be take a proactive approach to the school and caretaker duties and possess the ability to build rapport with the teacher population, pupils and your colleagues. Basic DIY experience and ability are essential, whilst for the larger jobs there is an onsite maintenance team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long term role within a rewarding working environment.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Salary: £20k - 24k per year + Free parking, 25 days holiday, Pension
Contact: Glen Nash
Telephone: 01276 605000