This top class leisure complex situated in Brighton, is looking for a Chef De Partie This lovely establishment has a 80 seated A La Carte & Bistro restaurant, along with private dining for 100, the menu serves a Modern European British style cuisine.
- Working under the Head Chef and Sous Chef, you will be responsible for food safety, food hygiene and ordering.
- You must be passionate about the food you produce and have flair and an imaginative style about yourself.
- You will be someone who is going to be a good team player and have good organisation skills to work with a brigade of five chefs and four kitchen porters.
- The shifts are straight shifts totalling to 45 hours a week. 3pm to Midnight on a five day rosta basis. 2 days off together.
- Company Pension and 28 days holidays.
*****A Chef de Partie*** is responsible for all culinary dishes that are prepared in their section. Because of this, a successful Chef de Partie must be very knowledgeable about his or her speciality, as well as culinary functions in general. A person in this role must also be very organised and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. A Chef de Partie must also be able to give orders within their section, as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the Sous Chef and Head Chef.
- The primary role is to oversee the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in the restaurant, whilst enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen and trouble-shooting any problems that may arise.
- A knowledgeable, reliable and committed individual, who can work without direction and is able to delegate if necessary.
- Must have own chef whites, knives and be smart/well presented.
Salary: £10 - 11 per hour + holiday pay
Contact: Nigel Hill
Telephone: 01273 205281