Our client is seeking a talented CNC person to join the team in this newly created role of CNC Programmer Setter Operator SUPERVISOR to work on a DAY shift from 0630 am – A fantastic opportunity for a skilled FANUC operator who would like to cross train onto other machines and also take on more operational responsibility. In all instances you will work closely with both the Engineering Manager and Quality Manager to ensure the quality of our products meet specification.
You will be the senior operational person/supervisor for work and welfare issues reporting to the Engineering Manager.
The Job Specification:
• Programming Setting & Operating 3, 4 and 5 Axis CNC Machines with HURCO and FANUC controls (or keen to train onto programming andsetting)
• Inspection of colleagues first off products may be required
• Provide appropriate notes for handovers between shifts
• Excellent understanding & experience of CNC machining and how it works in terms of set up in a small to medium volume production environment
• Apprenticeship trained in precision engineering / CNC machining
• FANUC experience would give an advantage
• Self-motivation and confidence to work alone and as part of a team whilst under pressure to achieve deadlines / schedules
You will have an excellent understanding of CNC machining and be able to provide ad hoc coaching to junior team members
Previous experience within Precision Engineering
A strong workin knowledge of HURCO control systems as you will be the senior person on site for the late shift so being able to programme and set is critical.
This role is available immediately as my client is enjoying excellent business growth.
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £28k - 33k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281