Our client is looking for a skilled Machinist to operate a variety of machines to perform assigned tasks. You will produce, modify precision parts
using both manual and automated equipment using accurate measuring equipment.
The goal is to deliver effective production operations and optimise procedures, whilst working safely.
• Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
• Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
• Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
• Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
• Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
• Carry out routine maintenance (PM) machinery for safe and optimal working
• Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard/report defects
• Maintain records of drawings, calibration and specifications
• Organising, maintaining and requisitioning consumable tooling
• Must be able to work on own initiative and communicate to all levels of operations
• Deliver and receive relevant training when required
• Proven experienced machinist, with good understanding of G.D.T., CNC programming
• At least 5 years experience in operating & setting manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.) to include, but not limited to:
• Bridgeport & Profitmil turret and bed mills
• Colchester 1800 student lathe
• Sand blaster, band saw, pillar/hand drills
• XYZ 4000 CNC bed mill
• Fly and assisted presses
• Non-ferrous cutting – auto saw mill
• Ability to use precision measuring equipment.
• Make recommendations to improve components, assembled products and machining processes
• Finish parts to a high standard, burr and contamination free, with correct selection of internal component packaging and storage systems
• Knowledge of the properties of metal and other materials – with relevant speeds and feeds
• Ability to understand schematics, electrical and electronic assemblies and manuals
• Good at mathematics with analytical abilities
• Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office software, CAD, CMM and ERP systems would be an advantage
• Completion of vocational training and/or an apprenticeship, with a background in electro-mechanical engineering is essential
• Ideally a minimum of 5 years working in Mid-high volume manufacturing environment.
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £25k - 30k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281