Working for a well-known insurance broker with a reputation for excellence in customer services, we are now looking to expand our team. Due to growth, we are seeking an experienced Commercial Insurance Account Handler to join our busy team in our Camberley offices. Joining an existing team of 11 we promote and encourage the gaining of insurance qualifications and internal progression amongst our staff.
Working Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm and 1 out of 5 Saturdays 8.30am – midday, we offer an annual salary of up to £35k dependent on experience with, free parking, 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme, death in service, life cover and employee benefits which give discounts at thousands of retailers, plus discounted insurance products. We will also offer study support to the suitable candidate funding their education through the CII as a minimum requirement, investing in our people.
Working within the Commercial Insurance department, you will have a proven background in commercial insurance, ideally working for a broker and happy working in a sales environment. The role is predominantly dealing with insurance policies, pro-actively securing the interest of the customer and ultimately finalising the sale of the policies. There is no cold calling in this role but the ideal candidate will be able to speak to clients at all levels and react to sales enquiries, cross selling products where applicable.
We are a leading local expert in our field and pride ourselves in offering an excellent service to our customers with ambitious growth plans. As the Commercial Insurance Account Handler, you will join a busy and dynamic team, where you will provide a high level of service and professionalism to our customers. This role is more a reactive consultative sales role, dealing with inbound phone enquiries. Our corporate offices are based in Camberley, just outside of the town centre.
As the Commercial Insurance Account Handler, the main duties will include:
- You will be pivotal in dealing with existing customers with new or existing policies, providing a first-class level of service ensuring they receive the right products.
- Following up with expired policies to achieve targets for retention.
- Achieve targets for new business and cross sales to other areas of the business
- Liaising with other brokers and insurers. keeping the customer up to date at all times and ensuring you provide expert product advice and guidance.
- Deal with day to day enquiries from clients, pursuing new business from enquiry to policy, renewal inviting and retention.
- Internal liaisons between other branch locations
To be successful for the Commercial Insurance Account Handler, you will need the following attributes:
- Ideally a minimum of 1 year’s commercial experience
- Confident communicator, written and oral
- Experience in building and maintaining client and insurer relationships
- Experience of working to high standards of FCA compliance
- Must have GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English Language
- Minimum Cert CII or willingness to work towards
Salary: £25k - 35k per year + Parking and Pension
Contact: Glen Nash
Telephone: 01276 605000