Due to internal movement, an exciting opportunity has arisen with an award winning and growing financial services company to work as a Completions Underwriter – Mortgages within the Operations Team, focusing on the Mortgage side of the business. You will be working alongside a team of 16 underwriters and report directly into one of our Team Leaders. The job role in summary will be to offer support of the administration of Buy to Let mortgage applications after mortgage offer has been issued, facilitating a swift and smooth completion of the loan.
We are a leading financial services provider within the mortgage sector with one of the most experienced management teams in UK lending. The opportunity is based in Fleet working the hours of 9am – 5pm. You will receive a starting salary of up to £32K dependant on experience, plus 25 days holiday, non-contributory pension, private healthcare, life assurance and income protection.
The Completions Underwriter – Mortgages will report to the Operations Manager – Completions and you will provide a professional, efficient and high standard of customer service to customers, intermediaries, valuers and solicitors.
The role will involve:
- Work to agreed objectives, service standards and deliverables.
- Ensure relevant documentation and information received is checked for adherence to policy and criteria.
- Deal with queries and enquiries effectively, accurately, and professionally, delivering excellent customer service.
- Provide a prompt reply to all written correspondence.
- Develop positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Make suggestions for improvements to processes to enhance service and efficiency.
- Adhere to internal/external compliance, credit review and audit requirements.
- Apply all aspects of the desired consumer outcomes of Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF).
- Use initiative to resolve queries outside own area of expertise.
- Train and mentor new team members.
- Take responsibility for your own learning and development.
- All other associated duties and responsibilities and carry out any tasks as required by management.
To be successful for this position you will ideally have proven experience of working within the mortgage industry albeit other financial services sector will be considered. You will need proven underwriting and or completions experience and while underwriting or completions experience gained witin other Financial Services secotrs may be considered, mortgage sector is preferred. CeMAP qualification is preferred.
Successful candidates will be PC literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. In return we offer a starting salary of up to £32K, plus excellent benefits and development opportunities.
To apply please click the apply button and send us your CV
Salary: £25k - 32k per year + Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
Contact: Emma Ganner