We require a Cook/Kitchen assistant to help with preparation, cooking and presentation of meals. We focus on breakfast and lunchtime meals such as sandwiches, jackets, Paninis, salads, etc. and have a daily specials board for hot meals.
Would suit someone who can cook light meals and willing to follow instruction from the head chef – qualifications not required..
Duties and Responsibilities:
Preparation, cooking and presentation of meals. We focus on breakfast and lunchtime meals such as sandwiches, jackets, Paninis, salads, etc. and have a daily specials board for hot meals.
• Must have own transport – free parking available on site
• Responsible for keeping the kitchen work area clean and tidy
• Prepare and serve fresh food Monitor temperature control
• Receiving, rotating and inventory control of fresh and dry store goods
• Have excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask
• Be hardworking, honest, reliable and timely
• Adhere to all health and safety regulations
• Have a hands-on approach and build and maintain good working relationships with all team members.
• Have a strong knowledge and understanding of how a kitchen is to be run on a daily basis.
Working hours will be daytime from 9am to 6pm Monday to Saturday and 9:30am to 4:30pm on Sundays,42hrs per week 6 day week then 4. Every Thursday off and every other weekend. 9 to 6
Start Date – Febuary
References will be required.
Salary: £8 per hour.
Benefits include lunch on duty, discount in store, pension scheme, double time on bank holidays, Christmas Day and Easter Sunday off.
Ref: azs 1966
Salary: £8 per hour + Benefits
Contact: Andrea Smith
Telephone: 01483 765544