In this newly created role you will be based within the despatch team undertaking a range of tasks from basic assembly work, to picking, packing and despatching goods for delivery
This is a fast paced manufacturing site so previous experience within a similar role is essential, as is the ability to lift and move reasonably heavy items around the packing area.
Finish assembly of signs, i.e. the fitting of backs and brackets and to correctly collate all related items for each specific order as detailed in the packing and despatch paperwork
To pack goods in time for daily collections as instructed and guided by the supervisor
To pack goods in line with the packing instructions to ensure there is no risk of transit damage
To work efficiently and effectively so as to ensure all relevant Quality and Environmental Management System and Product Standards are met and where possible exceeded so that customer requirements are continually being met.
Beneficial/preferred skill set:
• Time management skills, self-motivation and enthusiasm
• To be able to work as part of a team, making significant contributions.
• To be organised and methodical in the approach to work load
• To be physically fit as this position involves lifting, shifting and loading of large boxes
• To keep a continued supply of product flowing through despatch
• To work closely with the supervisor to understand key daily requirements
• To ensure high standards of quality are maintained keeping paperwork and packing details correct and complete
• To assist with final inspection and soak testing as required
• To set high standards of house keeping
• To perform any other duties as required in line with the instructions and guidance of supervision and management
• To keep the working area within despatch safe and free of hazards at all times and ensure you are working in a safe and tidy manner.
• May be required to undertake training to operate fork lift truck
• Will regularly use pallet trucks, weighing scales and packaging materials.
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £16k - 17k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281