Due to the continued growth of our business we are seeking an additional Electrical Assembly and Testing Assistant working from our modern workshop in Farnborough using the latest technology and IT systems. We offer full training and are seeking either recent College leavers with an electrical, engineering or technical qualification seeking their first role or those candidates wishing to progress their career and gain valuable electrical technical repair skills with a growing company who can offer career progression. In return we can offer a starting salary of between £17 and £20k depending on experience plus free parking and Mon to Fri 9 – 5 working hours.
Within the role you are responsible for ensuring that electronic units returned by our clients are fully repaired, tested and reconfigured according to the specific customer’s requirements. Also to ensure pre delivery inspection tests and configurations are carried out on new equipment, as and when required.
• Testing, commissioning and configuration of repaired products to the specific customer requirements.
• Testing, repair and configuring repaired handheld terminals, scanners, RF infrastructure devices and printers etc according to documented procedures.
• To ensure all such repairs are dispatched in a timely manner to continue with contractual commitments.
• Documenting and managing device configuration files and processes.
• Updating the service management system as appropriate with relevant repair updates and reconfiguration details.
• Supporting the Helpdesk in providing troubleshooting and diagnostics to customers with device operation or configuration problems.
• Health & Safety, make sure all areas are safe at all times.
• Housekeeping, maintain a clean working environment.
• Testing & configuring new devices prior to dispatch with customer.
• Proactively work to improve operating processes to ensure the optimum output and quality of repair services.
To be successful as one of our Electrical Assembly and Testing Assistants you should either have a relevant qualification within engineering, electronics, electrical or IT or be looking to move on from your current production or manufacturing role for a new challenge. In return we can offer the chance to join a stable and growing company who will train you on our products and offer career development.
Please submit your CV asap for immediate consideration.
Salary: £17k - 20k per year + free parking
Contact: Louisa Leyland
Telephone: 01276 605000