Our Client, based in Bognor Regis is a leading manufacturer of bespoke bed, table and bathroom linens working with interior designers, property developers, UK and International Royalty and Super yachts. They are looking for an EXPERIENCED FABRIC CUTTER to join their friendly team. Please do not apply unless you have previous experience.
Main purpose of the job is to accurately and efficiently cut fabrics for machining.
- Using Assyst Bulmer cutting machine and Chickadee and Octra cutting knives.
- Cutting fabrics in accordance with the cutting schedule of each order.
- Learning and understanding the different fabrics that are used within the business and the shrinkage rates for each to calculate the optimum cutting size per item
- Based on cutting requirements, calculating optimum way in which to cut fabric to ensure the least fabric waste
- Checking fabrics for imperfections during the layering process prior to cutting
- Operating a fabric stock control system for each item that is cut so raw materials stock is fully up to date
- Experience using automates cutting machines e.g Assyst Bulmer.
- Working on benchmarks to have the right speed and skills to cut efficiently and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Precision and accurate record keeping
- Ability to calculate fabric sizing requirements, layering up, numeracy and prioritising order.
- Ability to handle valuable fabrics with great care
- Basic numeracy to calculate sizing requirements
- Good written and spoken English
Salary is dependant on experience. This would initially be a 12 week temp to perm position.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £8.50 to £9.00 /hour
Location: Bognor Regis
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £8.50 - 9.00 per hour + BENS
Contact: Nikki Jones
Telephone: 01243 830012