We are recruiting for an experienced Facilities Manager. This is a senior level role with management of a team of 3. The role is available immediately, candidates must have worked within a Facilities environment ideally from manufacturing and the CV must demonstrate some evidence of a solid understanding of Health & Safety too. The full skills list is in description below.
Working as a senior member of the manufacturing team reporting into the Operations Director. The role is to monitor, evaluate maintain and improve the company’s buildings infrastructure and manufacturing equipment. The person will hold additional responsibility for aspects of HSE across the UK site and the maintenance of the relevant ISO standards
- Ensure compliance with ISO14001:2015 through both internal and external auditing.
- Maintain companies Environmental Policy and EMS manual.
- Carry out Management review meetings as required.
- Maintain Legal Register.
- Ensure all effluent targets are met
- Maintain records of waste transfers and waste carriers on site.
- Maintain the external and internal integrity of the building using routine maintenance plans and plan for future improvements by means of Capital Investment Requests.
- Responsibility for the maintenance team to carry out repairs, breakdowns and TPM to equipment/machinery in a timely manner as required.
- Ensure all service contracts are maintained including, HVAC, Fire & Security Systems, water monitoring, cleaning, catering etc.
- Maintain electrical hard wiring report in line with latest regulations.
- Ensure all contractors are approved to carry out work on site, Work Permits/Insurance etc.
- Negotiate energy contracts as and when required.
- Work within agreed budgets to ensure there are no overspends.
- Write Capital Expenditure Requests (CER’s) for future projects as required.
Health & Safety
- Establish, Implement and maintain all H&S responsibilities required by H&S regulations and business requirements.
- Assisting the Operations Director with guidance on all H&S matters concerning or apparent H&S problems and recommend suitable actions to address any issues arising.
- Keep records on any training carried out and look to implement further training as and when required.
- Investigate accidents to ensure that the root causes are found and to put in place corrective action plans accordingly.
- Chair the HSE Committee meetings and ensure actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update Risk Assessments, Safe Work, COSHH and H&S Manual
- Ensure correct PPE is issued and stock held.
- Arrange Fire Evacuation drills
- Knowledge of ISO45001 to help implement in to the business
– HNC or Degree level qualification or a proven track record in facilities management
– Ideally some knowledge of mechanical assembly
– Ideally some experience gained in the electronics industry
– Must be an excellent problem solver and have proven practical experience.
– Excellent IT skills are essential
Industry: Other Sectors
Salary: £40k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281