We are now recruiting for a Head waiter for this beautiful Hotel in East Sussex
The position will be to oversee the day to day running of the restaurant, maintaining company standards of service ad providing excellent hospitality to guests of the hotel.
To provide at all times the leadership and commitment necessary to ensure that all staff within the restaurant work as a team to make the best possible contribution to the reputation standards and profitability of the hotel.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To offer impeccable standards of hospitality to guests at all times remaining calm when under pressure.
2. To be fully aware of the differing needs of varying clientele and ensure that the appropriate level of service is offered.
3. To ensure that the restaurant is set for service, that the appropriate preparations for service have been completed and that the staff are ready to provide the highest standards of service to all guests.
4. To maintain a rapport with the kitchen team to ensure a smooth service.
5. In dealing with guests to be polite and attentive, complaints to be dealt with in a polite and efficient manner and with the emphasis on showing that a remedy is at hand. The situation should be satisfactorily concluded from the hotel and from the guest point of view.
6. To assist with banqueting preparation and service when required.
7. To complete a staff rota on a weekly basis, taking into account levels of business.
8. Ensure that weekly staff time sheets are authorised and submitted to payroll.
9. To assist with the preparation of training manuals and standards of performance.
10. To be knowledgeable about the menu and service of the hotel and to ensure that all restaurant staff understand the requirements.
11. To prepare and maintain cleaning schedule and daily routines.
12. To assist the housekeeper with the control of restaurant linen.
13. Assist with the preparation of training manuals and carry out training sessions.
14. To carry out billing and cashiering procedures in one with company policy and maintain a cash float to agreed levels.
15. To be conversant with the wine line, being able to advise guests of suitable wines or drinks to accompany their meal
16. In conjunction with the Head Barman implement procedures for the ordering and control of restaurant wines.
17. Ensure that all storage areas are kept hygienically clean at all times and that any shortages in stock levels (tea bags / coffee beans / paper napkins / jams etc) are reported to the Head Chef for reordering.
18. Ensure that the restaurant laundry cupboard and wine store are kept clean and tidy at all times.
19. Ensure that care is given to all hotel equipment and property and not abused in any way. Report any defective equipment to the Maintenance department and follow up that the task has been completed.
20. To assist with the recruitment of staff.
21. On an occasional basis assist with duty management.
1. To arrive for work correctly attired, setting an example to all staff.
2. To be aware and comply with all Fire / Health Safety and Licensing Legislation. And to ensure that staff comply with these legislations.
3. To follow hotel security procedure, including cash handling and float reconciliation and the secure use of keys.
4. To attend internal and external training courses when necessary.
Due to the size and nature of the hotel, a flexible approach is needed, hours of work may change and you may be required to assist in other departments from time to time.
Salary: £23k - 25k per year + benefits
Contact: Nigel Hill
Telephone: 01273 205281