The Health and Safety Administrator will be responsible for all aspects of H&S administration in the H&S department. The role holder will provide support to the Group Health and Safety Manager ensuring the day to day H&S management systems run proactively and efficiently across the businesses.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Carry out daily administration tasks for the H&S Department
•Support the Group Health and Safety Manager in the day-to-day running of the Health & Safety management system.
•Provide regular updates of pending actions, completed projects and/or innovations in relation to Health and Safety to the Group Health and Safety Manager.
•To perform tasks related to the Health & Safety management system, such as risk assessments, audits, permits to work, COSHH assessments, and DSE assessments.
•Assist the Group Health and Safety Manager in the development of new processes, updating existing processes, analysing, collection and reporting of KPI data.
•Assist in the development and maintenance of the company’s COSHH assessment system.
•Ensure, on a daily basis, that any observed Health & Safety issues are dealt with in line with company policy and with legal requirements.
•Report any action or process, which is non-compliant with legislative, or company Health & Safety requirements to the Group Health & Safety Manager immediately.
•Up-date the non-conformance report
•Assist in maintaining records of Health & Safety documentation in line with company document retention policy.
•Proactively ensure familiarity with current techniques and models for Health & Safety management.
•Perform inductions of new staff in relation to Health & Safety as requested.
•Participate in Health & Safety meetings and prepare minutes as requested.
•Undertake any ad-hoc projects as requested and any other associated tasks that are deemed reasonable within Health & Safety.
Candidate Skills and Knowledge
• Experience of working in a role with H&S responsibility.
• Experience in working in a H&S administration role
• Practical experience of H&S risk assessment and auditing.
• Experience of working within a cross-functional manufacturing facility.
• Experience of maintaining systems.
• Knowledge of injection moulding and automated assembly.
• NEBOSH General Certificate or suitable alternative qualification.
• Understanding of CDM and permit to work systems.
• Experience of maintaining a H&S system across multiple sites.
• Technician membership of IOSH.
• ISO 9001, 14001 or 18001 trained auditor.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent IT skills (Experience in using Microsoft packages, especially Excel, Outlook and Word).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to create clear and thorough reports, procedures and guidance documents.
• Good attention to detail and high level of work accuracy.
• Ability to complete tasks against tight deadlines.
• Presentation skills.
• Full driving license
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £21k - 23k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281