MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role of the Health and Safety Co-ordinator is to assist the Group Health & Safety and Corporate Governance Manager in the management of occupational health and safety across all facilities in this fast paced manufacturing business,
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Group Health and Safety Manager in the day-to-day running of the Health & Safety management system, policies and procedures within the Group of Companies.
- Assist with day to day administration activities.
- Provide regular updates of pending actions, completed projects and/or innovations in relation to Health and Safety to the Health and Safety Manager.
- To perform tasks related to the Health & Safety management system, such as risk assessments, audits, permits to work, CoSHH assessments and DSE assessments.
- Assist the Group Health and Safety Manager in the development of new processes, updating existing processes, analysing, collection and reporting of KPI data.
- Assist with the creation of training literature and presentations to aid smooth implementation of new health and safety related processes and company Health & Safety policies.
- Assist with training sessions with employees within the company as required.
- Assist with enquiries in relation to Health & Safety matters within the business and direct enquiries to the Group Health and Safety Manager where appropriate.
- Ensure on a daily basis, that any observed Health & Safety issues are dealt with in line with company policy and with legal requirements.
- Assist with reviewing and investigating accidents and near misses that are reported.
- Report any action or process which is non-compliant with legislative or company Health & Safety requirements to the Group Health & Safety Manager immediately.
- Assist in maintaining records of Health & Safety documentation in line with company document retention policy.
- Regularly check for changes in legislation and suitably notify the Group Health and Safety Manager of the changes.
- Proactively ensure familiarity with current techniques and models for Health & Safety management.
- Participate in H&S meetings and prepare minutes as requested.
- Undertake any ad-hoc projects as requested and any other associated tasks that are deemed reasonable within the Health & Safety and Compliance Department.
Education and experience
Experience of working in a role with H&S responsibility.
Practical experience of H&S risk assessment and auditing.
Experience of working within a cross-functional manufacturing facility.
Experience of maintaining systems.
Knowledge of injection moulding and automated assembly.
NEBOSH or suitable alternative qualification.
- Understanding of CDM and permit to work systems.
Experience of maintaining a H&S system across multiple sites.
Presentations or training skills
Good organisational skills.
Excellent communication skills
Good IT skills (Experience in using Microsoft packages, especially Excel, Outlook and Word).
Ability to apply proactive methods to Health and Safety.
Ability to create clear procedures and guidance documents.
High level of work accuracy.
Ability to complete tasks against tight deadlines.
Full UK driving license
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £23k - 28k per year + benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 07518 009667