Due to our continued success and a company restructure we are recruiting for an Internal Sales Team Leader – Bids & Tendering, working from our Service Centre in Farnborough. You will be overseeing a team of 3 internal sales coordinators and supporting our client base across the UK from the Farnborough site. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an International organisation who can offer a long-term future and utilise your existing bids and tender and man management experience in a busy but rewarding role that is office based.
Working Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm with a 4.15pm finish on Friday, you will receive an annual salary up to £45k with an annual bonus of up to 10% as well as free parking, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance – X 4 salary, simply health plan, income protection plan and flexible benefits plan.
As the Internal Sales Team Leader – Bids & Tendering you will be reporting to Head of Sales working within the package pump maintenance side of the business you will be managing the Service Internal Sales team to gain new business and secure and manage customer enquiries through efficient and effective bid and tender management.
You will be responsible for the preparation of high quality, well qualified proposals and responses to invitation to tender, request for information and request for pricing. The post holder is required to qualify bid opportunities, work closely with both sales and technical teams to create effective proposal, work with sales and relevant manager to bring the bid commercially together and own the overall response to the customer.
The Internal Sales Team Leader – Bids & Tendering role will involve the following duties:
- Managing the preparation and completion of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ’s), Invitation to Tenders (ITT’s) and tender documents in alignment with customer requirements.
- Identifying strategies and preparing a tender plan to ensure all tenders and bids are acted upon within strict deadlines.
- Coordinating and managing tender activities across the business; issuing tender notification packages and ensuring required documentation is returned from internal stakeholders within specified deadlines.
- Reviewing tender documentation and performing quality checks to ensure compliance with the requirements of the tender.
- Monitoring tender responses from contributors, ensuring high quality information is received for inclusion in tender document, promptly escalating any quality or integrity issues identified.
- Managing production of tender documentation, reviewing to ensure a high level of accuracy and completion prior to timely submission.
- Production of high-quality customer documentation and proposals.
- Responsibility for CRM system within PPM team ensuring information is full and current at all times.
- Manage company information and create / maintain a bid library to increase bid response efficiency.
- Collate, manage and disseminate business critical information which could support other bids in the future.
- Identifying possible business opportunities via the management of relevant portals.
- Managing Barbour ABI, reviewing potential leads and sending to relevant sales team if of interest to business activities.
- Completing supplier questionnaires as required to ensure compliance with customers quality, environmental and health and safety processes.
- Drive sales targets & achieve quarterly sales targets with high volume new business service contracts (typical value £500/£600)
- Ensure labour profitability by pricing accurately through Engineer attendance
- Ensuring the performance of the staff is of a high standard
- Reporting to management / monthly reporting – KPI’s
- Ensure team follow up on all leads and enquiries and convert into service contracts.
- Ensure team provide new customer quotes and maintain all open quotes.
- Manage existing database.
- Generate and progress quotes relating to service contracts, Installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Ensure the process is managed from the initial customer enquiry to a new service contract or works order being secured.
- Carrying out individual performance reviews (CPG’s – Connect, Perform, Grow)
- Coaching and mentoring team
- Organising holidays and training
- Assist the company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health & Safety at Work and Quality, this in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by
To be successful for the Internal Sales Team Leader – Bids & Tendering you will have proven previous experience in a man management and team leader role with experience working within a sales environment supporting the bids and tender process. You need to have a sound understanding of working with invitation to tender, reviewing tender and processing of bids and tenders. Candidates who have worked within a service sector in an engineering, technical or water treatment sector are encouraged to apply.
Salary: £40k - 48k per year + benefits
Contact: Louisa Leyland
Telephone: 01276 605000