We are an established firm of solicitors based in Godalming who are looking to recruit a full time Legal Secretary to provide administrative and secretarial support within the Litigation and Corporate areas of the practice. You will be supporting two fee earners with the split being 75% litigation and 25% corporate legal duties.
We are specialist solicitors covering the South East and London and we work with FTSE companies as well as smaller private companies in most legal matters. We employ over 100 people across our offices and our firm is accredited by Lexcel. This is a great opportunity to join a growing firm who cover a broad range of legal services.
Working the hours of 9 – 5.30 Monday to Friday, we can offer in return a salary of up to £30K plus excellent benefits including 20 days holiday, a pension scheme, life assurance and medicash scheme.
The Legal Secretary requires someone with previous experience working within the litigation and corporate departments of a legal firm covering duties related to these areas of law.
Responsibilities of the Legal Secretary/Paralegal: –
• Providing support 1-to-1 support to the fee earner
• Audio and copy typing
• Diary management
• Taking instructions from Solicitor for sale and purchase files, transfers of title, new build purchases, discharge and remortgage work.
• Dealing with clients, estate agents, mortgage lenders and solicitors at every stage of the transaction from initial instructions through to completion.
• Advising and keeping clients up to date with the progress of their transaction both via email and telephone contact.
• Preparation and submission of searches
• Filing case files.
• Researching cases and legal information.
• Drafting documents and letters.
• Dealing with telephone calls and those visiting the office
• Updating case management systems and documentation production
• Co-ordination of appointments and diary management
• General administration, such as preparing meeting rooms before and after meetings
• Providing refreshments
• Preparing post for despatch
To be successful in our Legal Secretary role, you will have a proven background with corporate law be it within a legal firm or working for a company and Litigation law within a legal firm. You need a high attention to detail and will be able to audio type and ideally have experience dealing with caseloads.
In return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £30k, plus excellent benefits and an excellent career with a well-establish firm of Solicitors.
Salary: £27k - 31k per year + benefits
Contact: Emma Ganner
Telephone: 01276 605000