We are an established law firm based in Farnham and due to expansion are looking to recruit a Legal Secretary to work within our probate team, supporting 2 fee earners. The role is very much an administration and secretarial support role with the emphasis on document management, typing and administration.
Working for a long established and reputable firm of solicitors, we can offer Monday to Friday working between 9am – 5pm, a friendly office environment, free parking, 25 days holiday, Christmas shut down up to 2 weeks, pension, death in service and subsidised legal costs.
We are ideally seeking candidates with experience working for a legal/law firm as a Legal Secretary and who have at least 6 months exposure within the probate sector.
The role of Legal Secretary involves:
- Assisting two fee earner in their day to day work by providing support and an efficient secretarial service in the probate side of things.
- Managing diaries and help to organise their workloads, fielding enquiries and dealing with matters on their behalf.
- Providing full secretarial support including using a digital dictation system and document management software to produce correspondence and other documentation related to contractual and commercial transactions.
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate client administration files.
- Assisting with full administrative duties which will include meeting and greeting clients, handling department calls and directing accordingly and arranging meeting room bookings for the team.
- Secretarial support to other fee earners within the department if required.
Skills and Experience required:
- Legal Secretary experience with private client background preferable (at least 6 months exposure to wills, probate, LPAs, administration of estates, tax and trusts etc)
- Strong and efficient secretarial and admin skills
- Audio transcription ability
- Fast, accurate typing
- Experience of using case management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literate – Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook / Digital Audio software
In return you will receive an attractive package; salary of up to £25k, working the hours of 9am – 5pm, free parking, 25 days holiday and benefits package.
Ideal candidates will come from legal, legal secretarial, paralegal and probate backgrounds.
Salary: £21k - 25k per year + benefits
Contact: Emma Ganner
Telephone: 01276 605000