We are an established firm of solicitors based in Godalming who are looking to recruit a full time Legal Secretary to provide administrative and secretarial support to the employment law and litigation department and at busy times to other departments across the firm. Supporting two fee earners predominantly, you will support both areas of employment and litigation law.
We are a firm of specialist solicitors covering the South East and London and we work with FTSE companies as well as smaller private companies. We employ over 100 people across our offices and our firm is accredited by Lexcel. We also support and promote further studying and progression.
Working the hours of 9 – 5.30 Monday to Friday, we can offer in return a salary of up to £28K plus excellent benefits including 20 days holiday, a pension scheme, life assurance and cash plan.
This is a great opportunity to broaden and expand your knowledge of litigation and/or employment law as well as other areas of law. Applicants will have some experience gained in working for a legal firm with either employment law or litigation expsoure, both is ideal but not essential.
Responsibilities of the Legal Secretary;
- Providing support 1-to-1 support to the fee earner
- Audio and copy typing
- Ensuring protocols are in place to protect the confidentiality of both the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- Taking instructions from Solicitor and acting accordingly
- Advising and keeping clients up to date with the progress of their file both via email and telephone contact.
- Filing case files.
- Researching cases and legal information.
- Drafting documents and letters.
- Dealing with telephone calls and those visiting the office
- Updating case management systems and documentation production
- Co-ordination of appointments and diary management
- General administration, such as preparing meeting rooms before and after meetings
- Providing refreshments
- Preparing post for despatch
The post will also require some menial tasks such as preparation of meeting rooms before and after meetings, providing refreshments and preparing post for despatch.
To be successful in our Legal Secretary role, you will ideally have a proven background with working within a legal firm and have employment law and/or litigation experience. You need a high attention to detail and will be able to audio type and ideally have experience dealing with caseloads.
If you are interested in applying please click on the ‘apply now’ button below.
Salary: £24k - 28k per year + Benefits
Contact: Emma Ganner
Telephone: 01276 605000