We are looking for general Machine Operators to LEARN how to set up and operate Power Press/Brake Press machines that cut sheets of metal in connection with production of parts within a manufacturing environment.
The client will provide full training, health and safety training and provision of PPE equipment such as Safety shoes-eye goggles, ear defenders, Gloves, Hi vis jackets etc
- Perform under general supervision, a variety of tasks gaining a thorough knowledge of power press machines.The operating and maintaining of, leading to learning to set machines.
- Inspect parts for conformance with specification using measuring instruments such as callipers, verniers and micrometers.
- Learn to set up and operate fabricating machines such as shears, fly presses and power presses.
- Construct components and parts to extremely close tolerances which have unusual or non-standard shapes.
- Adhering to health and safety procedures and using the safety equipment provided.
- Candidates must show willingness to learn and be challenged, communication skills, ability to adhere to all health and safety requirements, policies and procedures and supervisors instructions.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good concentration span and time management.
- Will be required to liaises with other colleagues in different departments.
Safety boots, safety glasses and gloves with be provided by client. This is a great opportunity for candidates who have an interest in mechanical engineering and for those who want to learn about production in a manufacturing environment.
Also, If you already do have experience in this field, especially as a SETTER or /and Programmer, please speak with us about that, as it would incur higher pay rates.
***Please note that these positions involve working a ***4 day on/ 4 day off pattern, the hours will be from 7am to 7pm= 11.5hrs per day. The work is temporary on going and can lead to a permanant contract for the right person.
Please apply with Cv attached. Contact Nigel Hill and Martin Davis.
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £7.50 - 7.83 per hour + holiday pay
Contact: Nigel Hill
Telephone: 01273 205281