This is a newly created MAINTENANCE role, the job is to ensure that all sites are maintained to the highest possible standards at all times, both internally & externally. Take responsibility for security of all buildings, including key control and call outs.
A current full UK Driving License will be required for this position to enable traveling to and from company properties and to attend out of hours alarm callouts. Experience in driving large transit style vehicles is preferred.
A First Aid at Work certificate will be required for this position.
Maintenance of Internal buildings:
• Internal painting & decorating
• Basic carpentry
• Basic plumbing
• Plaster patching
• Wall and floor tiling
• Moving furniture, as and when required
• General maintenance and upkeep of all areas
• Window cleaning
• Floor cleaning and vinyl buffing as scheduled.
• Floor vinyl polish removal and re-polishing as scheduled.
Maintenance of yards & Gardens:
• Lawn mowing and trimming, weekly from March to September and as required during the winter months.
• Treat all weeds with appropriate chemical.
• Window cleaning
• Painting and minor repair to buildings & fixings
• Maintain picnic & garden areas, including emptying litter bins
• Sweeping the sites at least once a week with yard sweeping machine.
• Roof maintenance, including investigating leaks, removal of litter, blockages etc
• Use magnet trolley in yards daily to remove nails etc.
• Maintain lubrication of external locks and padlocks
• Maintain fencing.
• Using forklifts and scissor lifts to carry out specific works.
Maintenance of Recycling Unit
To include collection of site cardboard & plastics and bailing up in compactor.
To ensure the area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
O Covering cleaner duties for general site cleanliness, as and when required, at any site applicable.
O Weekly testing of Fire Alarm systems
O Checking all building heating systems are working as required.
O Assisting with building refurbishments as required.
O To ensure Maintenance vehicles are cleaned and fuelled regularly.
O Ensure all chemicals are stored correctly within COSSH
O Ensure all maintenance department rooms are kept clean and tidy
O Ensure all tools and machinery are correctly stored and maintained.
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £24k - 25k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281