This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced stores/production/team leader skilled candidate with a backgroud in manufacturing to work in one of the areas leading employers. You will work closely with the Production Manager, Producurement and the Shift supervisors in order to ensure adequate materials for ongoing and upcoming jobs. Previous experience of similar work would be an advantage as would any role in an FMCG evironment where you are working to a fast pace.
- Planning of manufacturing cells
- Control of stock levels
- Support to R&D
- Timely conversion of demand recommendations from the MRP system into Purchase Orders in line with the date requirements.
- To provide Suppliers with regular updated statements of outstanding supply requirements
- To manage the Supplier Order Book and maintain integrity of data with respect to shipment dates, transit times, expected receipt dates at Factory or Warehouse.
• Experience of using an ERP system is desirable (preferably AS400 and MAPICS) but training will be given.
• Sound skills in the use of Excel, Email Lotus Notes & Word
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Strong initiative and self reliant
• Self motivated and able to work to agreed deadlines
• Ability to work comfortably with both internal customers and external suppliers
• Experience in LEAN & continuous improvement activities
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £21k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281