Our long term established client based in Andover Hampshire is expanding is current team and looking for a Electrical Maintenance Technician.
All interviews will be conducted via current social distancing requirements.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a manufacturing maintenance team as a Maintenance Technician to support the Manufacturing Manager in the day to day running of the maintenance department.
The maintenance role is key to keeping our broad range of Moulding, Casting, Robotic and automated metal fabrication machines in service.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Dealing with contractors.
- Working directly on a wide range of maintenance projects from machine repair to building maintenance.
- Health & safety promotion and management, including carrying out risk assessments.
- Train hourly paid employees where necessary.
- Notify the Manufacturing Manager of defective equipment.
- Follow up on planned and emergency requests to maintenance
- Run the machinery where there are specific skills shortages.
- Skilled to cover any area or machine (including setting).
- Flexibility to cover any shift/weekend as required (rota to be agreed with Manufacturing Manager).
- Use and train others to use barcode readers.
- Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement events.
- Trade background, either indentured or NVQ3/4 or higher essential.
- IOSH or similar Health & Safety certification preferred (but not essential).
- Maintenance experience within a similar industry preferred (but not essential).
- Hands on Health & Safety management experience preferred (but not essential).
- Experience of hands on maintenance/building/light engineering/basic plumbing skills preferred.
- Previous experience of CNC setting or machining (engineering or electrical) preferred (but not essential).
Knowledge & Skills
- The ability to follow procedures in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communication skills.
- Planning skills.
- Forklift license (not essential)
A competitive salary, plus employee benefits (subject to qualifying periods) such as a NEST pension, private healthcare, life cover and employee bonus scheme (non-contractual).
My client encourages employees to train and progress within the Company. 10% of employees have furthered their education with the Company, ranging from welding certification and CAD CAM training, through to completing their apprenticeship or HND.
They offer fantastic benefits such as; 4 times death in service, a generous bonus scheme and private healthcare.
If this role sounds perfect for you, then please forward your latest updated C.V today with a brief description of your current circumstances. Thank you.
This role is commutable from Andover, Basingstoke, Winchester, Southampton, Newbury and Salisbury.
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £24.5k - 26.5k per year + company benefits
Contact: Lucy Cousins
Telephone: 01264 333888