Are you a skilled Moulding Technician seeking and exceptional career opportunity within the region’s leading PLASTIC INJECTION business? Why not join this dynamic, fast paced, growing business with over 5 locations in Sussex.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Technician keen to develop his/her career into a management /leadership role in the future.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- To ensure company Health & Safety is adhered to and any concerns raised in line with company policy.
- To ensure the day to day efficiency of the moulding facility.
- To assist Production, QA and D&D in all aspects of moulding and tool development
- To assist the introduction of new products, tooling and equipment
- Lead technical and lean improvement projects
- Train Setters in lean improvement activities
- Mentor Trainee Setters through their training program
- Work with engineering, setters and QA in the investigation of quality issues, improvements and product development.
- To drive a program of continuous improvement to deliver on-going productivity to moulding processes across the group
- Lead lean improvement initiatives to improve product quality and process efficiency. This will include leading and implementing VSM, 6s, SMED, TPM, Kaizen, and other initiatives.
- Work closely with the Production Managers and Setters to implement process improvements to injection moulding, eliminate waste and improve product flow
- Support the moulding facilities across the group with training, problem solving and hands on involvement with tool trials and general setting as required.
- Work closely with the QA department to eliminate process variability and introduce effective in process checks and statistical process controls for critical features
- To complete special projects/investigations as determined by the Group Production Engineering Manager
- Develop robotics and end of arm ancillary design
- To introduce process improvements to improve the health and safety of production staff
- Develop and monitor a training program to qualify trainee Setters and provide on-going development needs to skilled Setter
- Minimum O level/A level standard.
- Relevant time served apprenticeship
- Plastics/Setting relevant qualification
- Plastics/Moulding Degree/MBA
- 6 Sigma
Expert injection moulding setting and plastics knowledge
Good practical knowledge of tool design and mould flow
QA systems and processes knowledge
In depth lean manufacturing knowledge and experience
Demonstrated leader of productivity and improvement initiatives
Health & Safety knowledge
Mould machine maintenance
Previous toolmaking experience
- Leading a team
- Work unsupervised
- Manage multiple projects
- Computer literate (MS Office including Powerpoint & Excel)
- Full UK Driving License
- Change leader
- Self motivated
- Good communication skills
- Able to lead and work within a team
- Flexible attitude
- Results driven
- Quality focus
- Customer focus
- Developing others
- Commercial awareness
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £35k - 45k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281