We are a global company with 5 office locations and an office in Frimley, Surrey. Due to internal movement, we are seeking to recruit a Part Time Warehouse and Assembly Operative to join our experienced but growing team on a long term temporary basis or temp to perm basis. The role offers a varied discipline of duties and would suit candidates from an engineering or mechanical background albeit this is not essential.
Working 24 hours a week, hours to suit, we offer a generous salary of up to £10.50p/h, free parking, and holiday pay. Additional benefits if the role transferred to a permanent contract would include: pension, medical insurance, death in service, on site gym and café as well as a shower room for those choosing to cycle to work after probationary period.
As a company, we offer corrosion solutions to the developing energy industry, with experienced engineers supporting the development and design of our products.
The Warehouse and Assembly Operative will work in a workshop environment and the role will be split of 70% warehouse duties and the other 30% dealing with more hands-on requirements. The full list of duties are as follows:
- Picking, packing and assembly of pipe support orders.
- Handling, assembling and preparing products for shipment.
- Packing/unpacking goods.
- Maintaining safe and clean work environment.
- Lifting/carry/manoeuvre heavy material or equipment.
- Keep inventory organized and the facility in general in good order, by disposing of rubbish, keep shelves neat and orderly to facility easy monitoring of stock levels.
- Assist with general enquiries regarding pipe support products.
- Assist with yearly stock taking.
- Gather, organise and file all paperwork relating to both incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Assembling bespoke hand held tools and equipment
- Responsible for offshore equipment and tools, including cleaning, maintaining, calibrating and booking in and out of secure store room
- Complete monthly vehicle checks
- Cutting and drilling Irod product
- Fire Alarm / Emergency Lighting testing, monitoring and maintenance
- Recycling duties
- Any other reasonable duties as specified by the line manager
To be successful for the Warehouse and Assembly Operative role you will have the following:
- 5 GCSE’s/higher or equivalent, or 2 years related work experience, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Previous experience in the following may be relevant but not essential: shipping; stock control; warehouse labour.
- Full clean driving licence
- Mechanical and electrical skills/knowledge (preferable)
- Forklift Licence (optional)
Please click on the apply button to send us your CV for immediate review.
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £8.50 - 10.50 per hour + benefits
Contact: Emma Ganner
Telephone: 01276 605000