We are a well-established and one of the largest privately owned insurance brokers who currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Pricing and Data Analyst to join are award winning organisation based in Redditch, Worcestershire. As growing business, we employ over 200 staff in our two locations and proudly sit in the list of the top 50 UK brokers.
Working 40 hours per week, we can offer a flexible working pattern and a salary of up to £35K plus excellent benefits including 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays), pension scheme, free parking and discount vouchers (for childcare, cinemas and local shops).
Reporting into the Underwriting and Product Development Manager, the Pricing and Data Analyst plays a key role in pricing products across motor schemes by building and maintaining models for a variety of products.
The core responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Support the underwriting and pricing teams with any MI requirements.
- To gather data, analysis and compile details reports and recommendations.
- Design, develop and maintain analytical, pricing and optimisation models.
- Perform a variety of analysis from high level reporting down to complex detailed data mining.
- Conduct pricing trials and market testing.
- Ability to pull together, manipulate and perform detailed analysis of multiple large data sets.
- Interpret results using various ways and multiple software platforms.
- To act promptly to data gathered for the success of the schemes.
- Manage data, with a strong attention to detail to ensure data is accurate.
- Work with different teams across the business dependent upon business needs.
- Ensuring you adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- To ensure any training and compliance requirements are met in the course of any work either managed or undertaken.
- Supporting, liaising and working with all other areas of the business in the course of your work and for the benefit of Fresh as a whole.
To be successful for the Pricing and Data Analyst role it is essential that proven and relevant experience within a similar position within financial services, with a background within Insurance being highly attractive. You will be Degree educated in a Mathematics related discipline, or be able to evidence equivalent proficiency.
This role would be an excellent fit for a candidate with strong programming skills in either of the following (SQL, SAS, VBA, Python, R). An understanding of appropriate statistical techniques to build pricing models is essential, as is the ability to grasp the significance and meaning of a range of technical and complex issues. Additionally knowledge of a pricing software would be advantageous.
This is an exciting position, with opportunities for career progression.
Salary: £30k - 35k per year + Parking, Pension
Contact: Glen Nash
Telephone: 01276 605000