We are recruiting for a newly created role of Production Engineering Manager – * Note this is NOT a Production Manager, nor an Engineering Manager.
- Management of Production Engineering and Quality staff.
- Shop floor support to Manufacturing cells and Fuji SMT Line
- Development of tooling and test equipment
- Control and manage New Product Introduction to factory
- Develop and maintain highest levels of customer satisfaction by achieving a “right first time” performance culture.
- Ensure full compliance with national and international standards and legislation at all times
– Plan and implement capital investment programme
– Manage and control production engineering, tooling and test equipment
– Establish product times and productivity improvement programmes
– Introduction of upgrades and new design LED boards for fixtures
– Act as Quality Champion providing leadership to inspire employees to take up the quality culture change process which will include education and training programmes.
– Maintain and develop the application of ISO 9001:2015 management system applying the process of continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
– Proactively influence and guide the product design team to enhance DFM and design out potential quality issues.
– Identify and lead projects aiming at cost reduction and yield improvement (CoPQ, Scrap, ppm etc.)
– Develop suitable metrics generating control documentation for line management.
– Introduce tools, techniques and KPIs to eliminate quality problems.
– Manage the Team ensuring their development and training to support the achievement of KPI‘s.
– Monitor and report regularly on quality performance by gathering data and providing statistical reports for Senior Management at local and group level.
- Degree in an Engineering discipline (preferably Electronics)
- Min. 5 years experience in a Management position within a manufacturing organisation
- Surface Mount Manufacturing experience
- Proven background of driving down Cost and improving Yield
- QA/QC experience in a certified ISO9001 QMS environment
- Hands on experience in Root Cause Analysis, CAPA, QMS Audits (internal, external)
- A self starter with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Working knowledge of NPI, FMEA, SPC, 8D
- Excel proficiency on advanced level
- Full UK Driving Licence
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £38k - 45k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281