We are recruiting for a PRODUCTION MANAGER with a background in PLASTICs to manage and develop the day to day operations of this modern, fast paced facility in Newhaven. An outstanding opportunity to join a forward thinking leadership team with a focus on continuous improvement and person develop and to drive the business forwards through world class processes.
- All round management of the production facility, providing necessary production support to both Injection moulding and production.
- Ensure the distributions of services are delivered on time and of correct quantity, quality and cost.
- Ensure the health and safety of all employees and visitors to the facility and adhere to legislative requirements of the industry.
- Maintain and implement standards according to 6s, Kaizen, TPM (Total Preventative Maintenance), SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Die) and other initiatives.
- Take reasonable steps to minimise the risk of theft or damage to the company’s property and assets.
- Working with QA and Innovations in project development within production
- Ensure the continued efficiencies of machinery and ancillaries through a TPM program.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the day to day management and co-ordination of production and distribution operations.
- Adhere to relevant Health and Safety and Factories legislation required of the industry.
- Costing/budget management to maintain cost effective production, reporting regularly to management team to achieve KPIs and functional objectives.
- To recruit staff as necessary, manage and appraise performance, provide training and encourage their development.
- Plan and prioritise production output to satisfy customer’s requirements and the needs of the business
- Ensure products are manufactured to the correct quality and specification.
- Monitor working patterns and control staffing levels in line with customer demand.
- Manage a program of continuous improvement and introduce lean manufacturing methodology
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program (TPM) to ensure the reliability and efficient operation of all plant and equipment.
- Ensure measures are taken; procedures and controls are put in place to secure and protect the company’s property and assets from theft or damage including fire and water.
- To drive a program of continuous improvement to deliver on-going.
- Working to implement process improvements, eliminate waste and improve product flow.
- Continue to improve the health and safety record of the production team and actively participate in the Health and Safety team meets
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers
- Identifying training needs giving clear direction and focus.
• Minimum O level/A level standard.
• Relevant time served in the injection moulding industry.
• Degree in Engineering/production engineering
• Plastics/Moulding Degree/ 6 Sigma (Black Belt preferably)
Knowledge & Experience
• Technical background in injection moulding and assembly techniques
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
• A clear understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles
• Quality Systems knowledge
• Experience in plastic component assembly
• Experience in Injection Moulding (knowledge of Sandretto and Boy machines)
• Knowledge of ISO and BSI standards
Skills & Abilities
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Power Point.
• Problem solving techniques
• Resolve any product non-conformity issues that may arise per the request.
• Understanding of tool design and construction
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Understanding of moulding process auxiliary
• Drive for Results
• Quality Focus
• Commercial Awareness
• Developing Others
• Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively
THIS CLIENT WILL OFFER A RELOCATION PACKAGE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE SO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONSIDER LIVING AND WORKING ON THE SOUTH COAST PLEASE CONTACT US.
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £45k - 50k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281