MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- All round management of the production facility, providing necessary production support.
- Ensure the distributions of services are delivered on time and of correct quantity, quality and cost.
- Ensure the health and safety of all employees and visitors to the facility and adhere to legislative requirements of the industry.
- Maintain and implement standards according to 6s, Kaizen, TPM(Total Preventative Maintenance), SMED(Single Minute Exchange of Die) and other initiatives.
- Take reasonable steps to minimise the risk of theft or damage to the company’s property and assets.
- Achieve production ready projects in a cost effective on time manner
- Ensure the ongoing development of setters/technicians to industry standard.
- Introduce lean activities, reducing manufacturing costs while maintaining quality standards.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the day to day management and co-ordination of production and distribution operations.
- Adhere to relevant Health and Safety and Factories legislation required of the industry.
- Costing/budget management to maintain cost effective production, reporting regularly to management team to achieve KPIs and functional objectives.
- Monitor working patterns and control staffing levels in line with customer demand.
- Manage a program of continuous improvement and introduce lean manufacturing methodology
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program (TPM) to ensure the reliability and efficient operation of all plant and equipment.
- Ensure measures are taken, procedures and controls put in place to secure and protect the company’s property and assets from theft or damage including fire and water.
- To drive a program of continuous improvement
- Work closely with the other Production Managers to implement process improvements, eliminate waste and improve product flow.
- Continue to improve the health and safety record of the production team and actively participate in the Health and Safety team meets
· Education and Experience
to ONC/HNC or equivalent standard
· Minimum O level/A level standard.
· Relevant time served apprenticeship
· Technical background in injection moulding and assembly techniques
· Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
· Experience of managing and developing a production team
· A clear understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles
· Quality Systems knowledge
Location: West Sussex
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £50k - 60k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281