Carry out department tasks in accordance with departmental processes (SOPs, QAS etc), ensuring quality standards are met at all times. Multi skilling is required so team members must be prepared to move between sections & tasks. Tasks could include:
o Using cutting, mixing equipment
We are hiring for permanent Kitchen Operatives to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment. We have day shifts and night shifts available and all shifts operate on a 4 on 4 off basis (there are not alternatives to this)
Previous experience working in manufacturing production and ideally food production would be beneficial as would any team leader or supervisor experience.
Duties vary from product to product but include:
- Making product
- Topping product
- Use of ovens
- Use of moving equipment such as trolleys
- Fetching raw materials for production, ensuring compliance to stock rotation
You will take full responsibility for:
• Complying with all H&S policies and procedures and rectify or report hazards to ensure a safe working environment for all, and to stop unsafe activity you see and report it immediately to your SL.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures
• Clean as you go at all times to help ensure high standards of hygiene and we deliver on GMP targets
• Ensuring that all departmental paperwork is completed legibly and accurately following standard operating procedures.
• To be diligent in monitoring product quality and report any substandard products or ingredients to your Section Leader or a QA
• Help and support new team members and temporary workers for example by showing them how to complete tasks, answering their questions
• Ensure you operate all machinery and equipment in accordance with training/SOPs, including safety start up checks. Report any defects, wear and tear, potential machine or equipment problems or near misses to your immediate supervisor or engineering immediately.
This role will involve standing for long periods and working in warm and cool temperatures. It will also involve repeated lifting and carrying ingredients and products. Every employee, regardless of their position, has the following responsibilities:
• To be responsible for the quality of all product and to highlight any QA concerns to either their line manager or the QA Department
• A legal duty to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others, which may be affected by what they do or do not do
Able to work in food production environment and comply with food safety regulations
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £18k - 21k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281