Due to our continued success we are seeking a Production Planning Administrator reporting into our Master Production Scheduler to join our team within the Production Planning department based from our UK Head Office working Mon to Fri 8.30 – 5pm with free parking, 25 days holiday and benefits package. We can offer a salary up to £26k plus annual bonus scheme. We are an international engineering and manufacturing company with sites and clients worldwide and are well established and stable with a good staff retention rate and excellent working environment.
You will coordinate and report on the production fulfilment process and material schedule to meet the Sales & Production Plan schedule. We currently hold in excess of £7m worth of stock and have over 20,000 stock items with approx 2500 job cards per year.The main duties of the role will be as follows:-
1. Review and release daily job card confirmations, ensuring kits are flowing through stores on-time, free from material shortages if possible.
2. Review weekly “the sales plan” for the next 2 weeks, updating job descriptions as necessary, informing on issues affecting shipping of sales orders, reporting on both internal and external shortages. Follow up actions to report to key stakeholders, by email or by a report, showing progress in solving issues effecting shipment of sales orders weekly.
3. Monitor picklist picking sequence report, targeting required kits especially related to sales orders one week ahead of build requirement date. Reporting any “at risk” kits to the Master Production Scheduler (MPS) by email.
4. On a daily basis monitor progress and review job cards in Work In Progress, using ‘Work-to-Lists” ensuring any overdue work is either moved out by informing the MPS of said issues or by liaising with the Production Manager to implement “how to catch up” actions if possible
5. To be the key contact for manufacturing issues for the materials team, providing feedback on shortages, production issues, quality issues and sales order changes, Communicating and meeting the relevant stakeholders and producing an overview report to the MPS on a weekly basis.
6. Progress chasing internal jobs required for sales orders, negotiating with the Production Manager and Cell Co-ordinators of various departments to ensure accurate completion times offering help as required.
7. Internal and external progress chasing, to generate regular reports using the MRP system to produce an accurate overview of placed orders, identifying shortages and delays and issues directly impacting production schedules.
8. External progress chasing, Liaising with the Expeditor/Assistant Buyer to gather supply issues and identify shortages that are causing delays directly impacting production schedules. To understand the reason for the delays and escalate outstanding issues to the Production Planning Dept and Purchasing Management.
9. Accurately update all transactions onto Syspro with dates and appropriate notations added to works orders ensuring all Syspro users have a comprehensive view of materials orders and deliveries.
10. Maintain excellent working relationships with internal departments ie Production, Purchasing, Planning, Quality, Sales Ordering, Engineering, Accounts etc ensuring a timely and accurate provision of materials and communication of any issues that may impact on operational efficiency.
11. Help regularly review current operating procedures in conjunction with other key stakeholders with the aim of suggesting improvements. (i.e system improvements and enhancements to existing practices).
To be successful as our Production Planning Administrator you should have proven experience of production planning and/or scheduling in a Manufacturing/Engineering environment. Strong knowledge and practical experience in MRP systems (ideally SYSPRO or SAP, Oracle etc). A sound understanding and knowledge of mechanical/electrical stock items. Good IT skills including Microsoft Outlook and Excel. This is an excellent opportunity for someone working in a similar role seeking the opportunity to join an international organisation or a candidate looking for the next step in their career who is currently working in a production planning or similar department.
In return we can offer the opportunity to join a well established and respected company experiencing a period of growth where you can learn and develop your career.
Please submit your CV asap for immediate consideration.
Salary: £24k - 28k per year + free pareking
Contact: Louisa Leyland
Telephone: 01276 605000