Following an extremely busy period of growth we are now working with a leading employer in the Worthing area to find a talented, ambitious and very proactive Production Supervisor.
With a full order book and a team of talented production staff to lead and develop your role will be to take overall responsibility for the Production and Test Teams, supervising personnel, capacity and activities to ensure Business and Customer demands are met while ensuring the most effective use of resources (Man, Machine & Materials).
To Support the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, leading to improvements in On-Time Delivery, Quality, Productivity and Safety.
The specific responsibilities of this flexible role may alter from time to time in order to meet the needs of the customer, but responsibilities will include (or be equivalent in nature to) those listed below:
• To maintain safe working practices, advise on unsafe conditions and ensure that all accidents and near misses are reported within 8 hours.
• To be responsible for the supervision and effectiveness of the Production and Test areas, ensuring business and customer demands are met.
• Working with the Operations Manager, Human Resources Manager and Team Leaders, be responsible for all Production personnel issues, including attendance, recruitment and appraisals. Disciplinary and training & development will be directly managed by the Operations Manager but with support from this position.
• To support the development and maintenance of training matrices/plans for all areas of responsibility, ensuring an effective, multi-skilled team is maintained for maximum flexibility.
• To coordinate the Production and Test processes to achieve Safety targets, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Inventory.
• Maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI) at cell (process) level.
• Nurture a culture of problem solving, leading to the development of continuous improvement initiatives, and with a view of improving working practices and KPI’s.
• To liaise with other sections/departments tactically to resolve any issues that affect work flow and develop strategic plans to resolve root cause.
• Maintain 5-S in all production areas.
• Ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of all direct personnel.
Proficiency of managing within a low volume, high mix manufacturing environment.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to influence, and persuade at all levels within the organisation; to build trust and confidence and establish credibility.
Professional, flexible and highly motivated, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Drives for results, achieves satisfaction from finishing tasks to a detailed level.
High level of Problem solving experience with the ability to show innovation, creativity and logic and with a demonstrable history of driving problem solving and continuous improvement initiatives.
Ability to accurately assess cell based metrics and situations and provide action plan recommendations
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £32k - 35k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281