Production Supervisor-40 Hours per week-Alternating shift pattern-West Sussex
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To liaise with the Production Manager and offer technical expertise of injection moulding and manufacturing to ensure the day to day running of the shop floor production.
To ensure orders are achieved and to supervise the production team, by addressing training needs and ensuring compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical liaisons with material suppliers/designers
- Process optimisation of injection moulding machines and tooling
- Troubleshooting a wide range of polymers and complex tooling
- Leading and improving setting team for 20+ tool changes daily
- Reduce tool change over times
- To ensure the smooth running of the shop floor and provide a first point of contact.
- Prioritise production needs, including machine or tooling issues.
- Plan and communicate production requirements with Setters.
- Support Team Leaders with production requirements and resource management.
- Support logistics team leader with customer requirements
- Monitor stock levels of mould shop consumables.
- Setup new components to an approved QA level.
- Arrange and document mould machine maintenance and servicing (in-house).
- Arrange/book external engineers/contractors as required.
- Create and monitor internal forms/spreadsheets.
- Monitor production to achieve the set/desired quality levels, in line with health & safety recommendations.
- Create and issue work instructions for all new machinery & tooling insert changes and associated employee training.
- Arrange and plan projects to meet tasks and objectives issued.
- Train all new staff to company standard.
- To appraise and monitor employee performance.
- To carry out pre-production trialling when required
- To be the main point of contact when production manager is off site
- To communicate tooling improvements through to tool room
- To drive 5S improvements on the shop floor
- To lead productivity improvements on shop floor
Location: West Sussex
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: paying up to £33K Doe
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281