This newly created role is perfect for an experienced Quality Engineer with working knowledge of Surface Mount who is keen to develop into a Quality Manager role, or a Quality Manager who is looking at an opportunity to get involved with a fast paced, family owned business with a focus on driving performance through people and process.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To lead, support and manage the Quality Assurance department, to manage and maintain the quality systems & processes for the group businesses and ensure the highest standards of quality in our products and service.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Quality Assurance
- Supervision Quality Technicians.
- Ensures quality assurance procedures, processes, practices and controls are properly developed, implemented and maintained
- Ensures that all products represent the maximum quality and reliability attainable.
- Routinely provides guidance and leadership to engineers, inspectors and/or technicians for the duration of a project assignment
- Active participation in ensuring product issues are promptly investigated and adequate corrective/preventive action implemented e.g. customer complaints, out of specification components, etc.
- Manage the RMA and RTV systems to meet KPI targets
- Review and approval of technical documents
- To work with Engineering and Design & Development during product development to ensure that quality is at the forefront of our designs.
- Drive regulatory compliance strategies
- Develop and ensure quality, regulatory and management reports are accurate and delivered within agreed timelines.
- Degree/ HND in relevant discipline
- Member of the Institute of Quality Assurance
- Experience of working in a ISO9001 & ISO14001 environment and a good commercial awareness
- Previous experience in a senior quality position, within manufacturing
- Previous experience within a mechanical engineering environment
- Strong understanding of IT systems
- Experience in the manufacture of printed circuit boards or electrical products
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Supplier Evaluation system
- IT Literate
- People Management / Leadership skills
- Be able to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Excellent Communication skills
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Team working
- Drive for results
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £35k - 38k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281