Our client is a world class manufacturing business with 6 sites along the South Coast and a wide business portfolio from aviation to medical products.
They have enjoyed considerable success over the past 40 years and most recently have been able to diversify some of the business into assisting with the current pandemic. The Directors of this business are forward thinking and extremely proud of the business achievements but are now looking to develop further by hiring a skilled QUALITY MANAGER who can drive the quality function fowards at the same time as leading and developing training with the quality team. This client does not need a Quality strategist, you must be hands on, be collaborative in your knowledge and experience and as a team with other operational managers work together to continue to deliver a world class manufacturing facility.
Ideally your experience will be gained within an SME sized manufactuturing business, and a CV that demonstrates long term commitment to previous employers, (3-5 years) and in this instance our client is looking for someone who worked in a similar role within a Plastic Injection business or paper products or hygene products and within an employed capactity rather than acted as a consultant or contractor. Please only apply if you meet these criteria,
- Supervision and management of 5 direct reports, Quality Engineers and Technicians.
- Ensures quality assurance procedures, processes, practices and controls are properly developed, implemented and maintained
- Routinely provides guidance and leadership to engineers, inspectors and/or technicians for the duration of a project assignment
- Active participation in ensuring product issues are promptly investigated and adequate corrective/preventive action implemented e.g. customer complaints, out of specification components, etc.
- To work with Engineering and Design & Development during product development to ensure that quality is at the forefront of our designs.
- Develop and ensure quality, regulatory and management reports are accurate and delivered within agreed timelines.
- Degree/ HND in relevant discipline
- Experience of working in a ISO9001 & ISO14001 environment and a good commercial awareness
- Previous experience in a senior quality position, within manufacturing
- Previous experience within a mechanical engineering environment
- Strong understanding of IT systems
- Experience in the manufacture of printed circuit boards or electrical products and or plastic components
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Supplier Evaluation systems
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £50k - 55k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 07518 009667