We are a progressive successful and ambitious business to business company, providing engineering support services to the Banking & Financial Industry based in Camberley. We are seeking a Repairs and Production Assistant – Engineering to join our growing team.
This role would be perfect for a school or college leaver who is looking to utilise manual hands on skills within the engineering and electronics sector. It would also suit experienced individuals who have an engineering qualification with some experience working with machines.
The primary focus of this position is to provide high quality repairs and refurbishment to customer’s equipment with an emphasis on testing and quality. This is a great opportunity for a fast learner looking to break into the engineering field as full training is given.
Whether you are looking to start your career and progress with a large organisation or are looking to further develop your skills within this sector, then this role would really suit.
Working Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, we offer a salary of up to £17.5k per annum with excellent benefits that include:
- Life assurance at 2 x salary
- Income protection at 50% salary after 26 weeks absence
- Healthcare cash plan
- 50% off at Puregym
- Pension is at 5% employee and 4% employer contributions
- Annual leave is 20 days, plus 8 bank holidays
- Discount on mobile phone network
- Employee Assistance Programme
Having been established for over 20 years, our organisation is heavily represented in the United Kingdom & United States, as well as with customers around the world.
The role of Repairs and Production Assistant – Engineering will report into the Department Head and Engineering Supervisor and join a team of more than 25 personnel. The job role function will involve the following:
- To build positive working relationships and to communicate effectively and professionally with other staff members.
- Using various hand held tools, service and repair various equipment modules (full training provided)
- To work proactively both on your own and as part of team supporting each other to achieve the objectives set both in terms of the SLA and operational expectations
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of you and other persons, and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the department.
- To carry out any other duties which fall within the broad scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with this post.
To be suitable for the Repairs and Production Assistant – Engineering, you will have a proactive approach with the ability to solve problems, a willingness to learn and good attention to detail as well as being educated to GSCE Level or equivalent (including English and Maths). Ideally you will have an engineering qualification or some experience within this field but this is not essential.
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £8.50 - 9.00 per hour + benefits
Contact: Emma Ganner
Telephone: 01276 605000