Personnel Selection Andover are seeking an experienced property / buildings Restoration Technician. The role will involve entering fire or flood damaged premises and attempting to salvage and clean as much as possible from the damage. This is obviously a dirty role but very rewarding. You will be dealing with property owners and so must have an aptitude to liase with people at all levels confidently and represent the company to a high standard. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that has growth and expansion plans for 2020. They offer genuine career progression and training operating in a professional yet fun working environment that offers good company benefits, flexible working and rewards which include: £23,000 – £26,000 Basic salary / Van / Regular salary reviews / Pension contribution / Sponsorship for BDMA Qualifications and other certifications / Progression opportunities. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to have a full drivers licence and be happy to undertake a DBS check and Credit check.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE:
- Previous experience of a similar role / position.
- Ability to work safely in a disaster environment, adhering to company and quality procedures to keep you safe.
- Field based, travelling to client’s property across Hampshire, Surrey and the South East.
- Liaising with clients, both domestic and commercial, providing a high level of customer service.
- Inspect damaged properties and contents as a result of fire or flood and prepare an action plan for the necessary work.
- To participate in stripping out, re-mediation, cleaning, packing, moving and being responsible for maintaining a clean and safe job site.
- Using latest techniques and equipment, carry out necessary damage mitigation and restoration works to the highest standards.
- Carry out moisture surveys and drying techniques, using heavy duty equipment.
- Able to complete paperwork accurately and timely.
- Someone who understands and shows empathy and compassion towards those impacted by disaster.
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities.
- Must be able to lift heavy items up to 50lbs on a routine basis.
- The work space may be contaminated with heavy smoke residue, mould and mildew, contaminated water or other unsanitary conditions. Personal protective equipment is available for use and is required on some heavily contaminated work sites.
- BDMA / Dewpoint qualification preferred but not essential.
For further informations, Please submit your latest C.V today.
This role is commutable from Andover, Basingstoke, Salisbury, Winchester, Southampton, Newbury, Eastliegh, Farnham.
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £23k - 26k per year + benefits
Contact: Lucy Cousins
Telephone: 01264 333888