We are a UK based provider of travel assistance services and are looking for a Senior Accounts Assistant to join our team. This role is to cover a maternity contract for approximately 10 months and will join the accounts team, supervising one accounts assistant and working closely with and reporting to the FD.
We are based in Farnham and have been established for over 10 years. We provide 24/7 emergency assistance services and telephone support to international visitors to the UK and Ireland on behalf of their insurance companies. We handle all types of medical and dental emergencies as well as vehicle breakdowns and accidents.
The standard working week is 35 hours, with daily hours being Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm with an hour for lunch however, for a suitable candidate we will look at slightly reduced hours over the 5 days. You will receive a salary of up to £30k (pro rata if part time) depending on experience, 20 days holiday pro rata, pension, free fresh fruit daily and a massage every month as well as joining a company that enjoy many social events.
Working in this small friendly account team, the role of Senior Accounts Assistant is to supervise and ensure daily tasks are structured for the part time accounts assistant and the day to day running of the department is seamless. The main areas to cover are as follows:
- Purchase ledger, sales ledger to trial balance and credit control
- Bank and credit card reconciliation
- VAT returns
- SAGE Line 50 including report production
- Cash flow reports
- Processing payments via bank system
- Ensuring all process, systems and controls are properly embedded
- Responsible for all general account duties
- Sales returns
- Assisting accounts personnel as required to deliver their objectives
- Distribution of the workload between staff
- Liaising between the Operations Team and the Accounts Team
- Ensuring accounts procedures are followed by all Accounts staff (e.g. reviewing processes, checking for errors)
To be successful for the Senior Accounts Assistant role you will have proven experience in a similar role, with SAGE line 50 and general accounts management as an essential. You will need advanced excel knowledge including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables. Preferably studying towards or completed AAT level 3 plus would be an advantage.
Salary: £25k - 30k per year + benefits
Contact: Emma Ganner
Telephone: 01276 605000