Our Client, based in Bognor Regis are looking for an EXPERIENCED Sewing Machinist. This is a full time position
You MUST have previous experience using industrial sewing machines. This is not an embroidery poistion.
This is initially a temporary position with the possibility of becoming permanant after 12 weeks.
The main purpose of the job is to make bed, table and bathroom linens.
- Making bed, table and bathroom linens to specifications and a very high standard.
- Ensure orders are processed in an efficient manner
- Ensure accuracy in making each product
- When making products i.e. napkins, pillowcases check that the first product size is as per the dimensions and advise if any dimensions don’t appear to be correct before continuing to make the others.
- Maintaining communication with the cutting staff to ensure fabrics being cut for machining are correct.
- Identifying problems with the sewing machines and informing the Production Supervisor for repair.
- To assist with the ironing where required
- To change labels for towels when necessary.
- To meet requirements in terms of production efficiency
- To meet benchmarks given as to timescales for making each item
- Adhere to health and safety requirements – including wearing closed toe shoes
Good Spoken English is essential along with experience in making textiles such as clothing and bed linen. Ideally have qualifications in textile production/sewing.
If you feel you match the criteria required, please apply with your CV or call Nikki or Jamie on 01243 830012
Location: Bognor Regis
Industry: Other Sectors
Salary: £8.21 - 8.21 per hour + BENS
Contact: Nikki Jones