Due to the continued success of our business, we require a Support Engineer to be part of our UK Head Office team reporting into the department Manager alongside a team of 3 on site and 4 offsite support engineers. You will be providing remote support via phone and email to clients across the UK and overseas. The UK Head Office is a large site covering the design, manufacture, installation, repair, maintenance and support of a wide client base UK and overseas. The role offers the chance to join a stable company that can offer career development working for an international engineering company with sites worldwide. We are a market leader in our field with clients within the oil and gas, marine and defence sectors. Our UK Head Office contains our cutting edge technology engineering site plus our Head Office functions. The Support Engineer role pays up to £31k plus company bonus, free parking, 25 days holiday and benefits.
The Support Engineer will provide first line technical and logistical support to external customers and internal staff worldwide, for the full range of company products, field engineering operations and training activities, ensuring swift diagnosis and resolution of issues and proactive maintenance of CRM system and Knowledgebase information all aimed at providing maximum customer satisfaction with company products and services.
• To deliver responsive and accurate first line technical advice and guidance to external customers, internal Regional Offices and globally deployed offshore engineers, regarding product and system faults generated during installations, repairs and in-field operations etc covering the complete company product portfolio.
• To provide additional first line support for logistical and general customer and internal staff queries, such as offshore engineering deployment requests, warranty claims, training requirements, parts ordering and transportation etc.
• To escalate complex technical support queries to second Line internal Engineering function specialists for further diagnosis and advice, ensuring customers and internal staff are kept up to date with the progress of their query throughout the process until resolution of the issue.
• To ensure all customer support ‘cases’ are entered into the CRM system, with full descriptions and categorisation of queries/problems, updating of comprehensive contact details and closure of case on achieving a satisfactory resolution.
• To identify, collate and proactively organise appropriate corrective action in response to operational observations and issues raised by offshore engineers or other customer facing staff through their Visit Reports, Training Course or demo feedback, verbal updates or other sources of information
• To update CRM database information with comprehensive data of all installed products, configuration levels, case histories, customer details etc to ensure accuracy of data for use by other Company functions.
• To co-ordinate the process of distributing notifications and bulletins to the relevant internal and customer contacts which requires liaising with engineering / project teams, account managers and business development managers.
• To develop and promote the Customer Support ‘Knowledgebase’ as a valued source of practical, operational data providing observations, hints and tips and special advice regarding products and performance etc.
• To provide practical technical support to internal functions such as Sales, Marketing and Customer Support in the UK and Regional Offices through assistance with product demonstrations, organising preparation of products/systems ready for installation offshore, customer visits, exhibition events, internal training delivery, proof reading technical documentation, generation of ad hoc technical user guides etc.
To be suitable as one of our team of Customer Support engineers you ill ideally be educated to HNC/HND level or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic Engineering disciplines but this level of knowledge could have been gained via work experience rather than education. You should have experience of fault diagnosis involving hardware and software with a working knowledge of testing equipment and installations. You should have excellent client/customer skills with a high standard of written and verbal English skills with good PC knowledge ideally of CRM systems. Ideally you should have experience of providing first line technical support either face to face or over the phone/email. A strong technical curiosity with the ability to problem solve and prioritise customer demands and workflow.
In return we can offer an excellent opportunity for candidates who have the required education looking to build a career, or for a field based engineer looking to come into an office based role or for someone with the hands on work experience of the electrical, mechanical or electronic engineering sector who has strong people skills and is looking to utilise their practical knowledge within a Customer Support Engineer role.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Salary: £28k - 32k per month + plus bonus
Contact: Louisa Leyland
Telephone: 01276 605000