This newly created role is based within one of the regions leading world class manufacturing businesses, this role is active immediately and has been created due to business expansion. This is an extraordinary time to join our client.
Your main objective is to work at the centre of cross-functional teams of design engineers encompassing the following skills: Mechanical, Electronic, Software, Production Test Equipment, Manufacturing, Technical Support
Key tasks include:
• Manage New Products Development
• Manage customer driven projects
• Manage product maintenance projects
• Oversee and plan the creation of deliverables such as:
O Electronic PCBs
O Mechanical housings
O Firmware and software (embedded and desktop)
O Manufacturing release pack
O Sales release pack
An overall JD is available upon application but some of the key tasks include:
• Defining and documenting project scope and objectives.
• Create and maintain project charters.
• Creating and maintaining project plans, including WBS, resource requirements, costings, milestones, dependencies & critical paths.
• Tracking and monitoring budget.
• Managing stakeholders both internally and externally to coordinate and drive actions to completion.
• At least 3 to 5 years of project management experience on software and/or electronic new products development. -ESSENTIAL
• A proven track record of managing complex cross-functional technical projects (ideally involving mechanics, electronics, software and manufacturing).
• Experience leading technical development teams and managing customer relationships.
• Experience with developing Project Charters and Requirements Specifications.
• Good knowledge of MS Project and the MS Office Suite.
• Experience with Agile software development methodology an advantage.
• PM certifications an advantage
• Foreign language skills (especially in French, German or Spanish) an advantage.
• Technically minded, with excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to lead and motivate a team of engineers.
• Extremely well-organised and methodical approach to work with excellent attention to detail.
• Willingness to travel on occasions, both nationally and internationally, as required.
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £40k - 45k per year + Benefits
Contact: Rebekah French
Telephone: 01273 205 281