Personnel Selection Andover are seeking an experienced Tool Maker to work with one of our long establish clients in Andover Hampshire. This is an excellent company to work for with great work ethics and a friendly team.
SUMMARY OF ROLE AND CRITERIA TO BE CONSIDERED
- The toolmaker will be working in the on-site machine shop in Andover. You will be working as part of the CNC and toolmaking engineering team. The main objective of the role is to produce and maintain tooling and equipment used on the production line. A secondary function is to manufacture component parts that can be used in new product development.
- You must be trained to a suitable level and have suitable experience that allows operation of all standard tool-room machinery both manually and using CNC programming to general precision engineering tolerances.
- You must be able to work from detailed engineering drawings and, sometimes, work on your own initiative without drawings to develop, design and repair the fixtures.
- You need to be confident in dismantling and repairing mechanical equipment that is used on the production line. There maybe a necessity to fault find the equipment as part of the repair process.
- Use of CADCAM software is useful but not essential.
- Maintain and manufacture parts for industrial machinery
- Manufacture new jigs and fixtures
- Manufacture components.
- Engineering Toolmaker Apprenticeship or qualified to a similar level in machine shop practices.
- Minimum of 5 years as toolmaker or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in the use of Manual lathe.
- Proficient in the use of CNC/Manual Mill.
- Proficient in the use of Manual Grinder.
This role is easily commutable from the A303
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then please submit your latest C.V today for consideration.
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £28k - 32k per year + company benefits
Contact: Lucy Cousins
Telephone: 01264 333888