Due to business growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen with a growing financial services company to work as an Underwriter within the Operations Team, focusing on our Buy-to-Let mortgage business. You will be working alongside a team of 16 underwriters and report directly into one of our Team Leaders.
The opportunity is based in Fleet working the hours of 9am – 5pm. You will receive a salary of £28K to £35K dependant on experience, plus 25 days holiday, non-contributory pension, private healthcare, life assurance and income protection and a discretionary company bonus.
We are an award winning and growing financial services organisation within the mortgage sector and a leading financial services provider with one of the most experienced management teams in UK lending.
The Underwriter will report to the Underwriter Team Leader and Operations Manager and will support our customers and third parties. You will accurately analyse and understand key elements of all mortgage applications at every level of the process through to offer, whilst ensuring adherence to our policies and procedures. You will have an underwriting mandate up to £350k.
The role will involve:
- Work to agreed objectives, service standards and deliverables.
- Ensure relevant documentation and information received is checked for adherence to policy and criteria.
- Deal with queries and enquiries effectively, accurately, and professionally, delivering excellent customer service.
- Provide a prompt reply to all written correspondence.
- Develop positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Make suggestions for improvements to processes to enhance service and efficiency.
- Adhere to internal/external compliance, credit review and audit requirements.
- Apply all aspects of the desired consumer outcomes of Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF).
- Use initiative to resolve queries outside own area of expertise.
- Train and mentor new team members.
- Take responsibility for your own learning and development.
- All other associated duties and responsibilities and carry out any tasks as required by management
To be successful for the Underwriter position you will ideally have experience of underwriting within the mortgage industry, holding a recent underwriting mandate plus the CeMAP qualification. However, we will consider candidates with underwriting experience from another financial services sector. Buy-to-let mortgage experience is advantageous.
Successful candidates will be PC literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. We are looking for people who are keen to develop themselves within an excellent organisation, providing a generous salary plus bonus and excellent benefits package and training.
Salary: £28k - 35k per year + Pension, Bonus, Healthcare
Contact: Emma Ganner