We are one of the UK’s leading suppliers in our field and trade worldwide. We have a manufacturing and warehouse plant on site at our head office in Alton and due to internal movement, we are now looking to recruit a Production Assistant to join our welding team. We offer a luxury brand to the market on an international stage and are seeking an individual with proven machining, welding and engineering skills. We are offering a starting salary of between £22 and £25k depending on experience, working 8am- 4.30pm Monday to Friday, with free parking, company pension and 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
As an established organisation not only do we use traditional handcrafts in the production but we also have sate of the art machines. We are seeking the individual to be passionate about this sector and ideally have a strong mechanical and technical aptitude with a proven welding background in brazing and mig welding. If the individual comes with limited experience, they must have a qualification within the engineering, mechanical, electrical, or manufacturing sector.
Reporting into the Production Manager this position provides essential support in the manufacture of component parts and fittings. The duties of the Production Assistant will involve:
- Assist in the welding and paint shop departments in all aspects of the painting and welding process (training will be provided)
- Assist in the Machine Shop as required in operating numerically controlled machines, lathes, drills, or other machines and tools to manufacture component parts and fittings.
- Undertake on the job training and coaching from Production Supervisors in all areas of the machine shop, paint shop and welding department to achieve and maintain sustainable high-quality volume production.
- Assist in accurate record keeping using the computerised system to record completed jobs.
- Ensure proper care is taken in the use and maintenance of all equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Understand and abide by the production departments workplace safety and environmental practices in addition to the overall Company health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow work instructions to complete products according to specifications and inspect completed work for quality control.
- Maintain procedures and document management systems to maintain ISO accreditation and its continuing audit along with any other QMS as instructed by the Company.
- Report defective materials, machines, or questionable conditions to the Production Supervisor immediately
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as directed by the Production Supervisor and/or Management.
- In peak periods assistance in other areas of the business may be required such as in the warehouse to pick and pack customer orders (training will be provided)
In order to be successful for the Production Assistant role, you will have 2 plus years proven experience working in a production role and have welding experience also and/or have a qualification within a similar discipline and have at least 6 months experience within a similar role. You will have a desire to carve a career in a machining, production and welding role and have a technical aptitude and an understanding of quality requirements and procedures.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £21k - 25k per year + benefits
Contact: Emma Ganner