We are an award-winning company and one of Europe’s leading designers and manufactures within the engineering sector. We employ over 250 staff and due to our continued growth, we are seeking a Goods Inwards Inspector based at our head office in Camberley. You will be working Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm and Friday 8.30am – 4pm. We can offer a permanent position with a well-established and professional local company along with free parking, personal pension, 24 days holiday and profit share scheme bonus. The role would suit candidates with some previous experience of working in a warehouse, stock or picking and packing role who are looking for a new challenge within inspection or candidates who have some previous experience in goods inwards and quality control that are seeking a new challenge.
The main purpose of the role of Goods Inwards Inspector is inspection of all goods received into the company, using engineering drawings or text to ensure all requirements are met. Included in the role is material traceability, material movement both physically and on the computer location system and looking after the non-conformance system. This will involve following quality issues through to corrective & preventative actions to ensure a high-quality product from all suppliers.
Reproting into the Team Leader and working within a team of 5 your duties will involve:
- Ensuring safe receipt of all material delivered
- Goods inwards inspection of purchased & manufactured parts
- Booking into stock inspected & accepted goods
- Control of material traceability system
- Putting material away to stock
- Ensuring correct inspection criteria is specified and suggesting improvements
- Raising of NCN’s for rejected products
- Deciding and organising corrective actions for rejected deliveries
- Deciding and organising preventative action for rejected deliveries
- Taking deliveries including use of forklifts
- Stock location & re-location
- Stores housekeeping
- Customer returns system administration
- Understanding the requirements for movement of goods to & from local suppliers after GI
- Involvement in the Supplier performance review system
- Hydro and Air testing
- Inspection of work in progress (welded components, etc.)
- Specifying new Goods Inwards gauges & equipment
- Involvement in continuous improvement projects
- Completion of mandatory Amazon Learn courses
- Adherence and compliance to ISO standards
- Adherence to health and safety requirements
- Other tasks as required by Line Manager
To be successful for the Goods Inwards Inspector role you will have some experience of goods inwards inspection within an engineering environment with the ability to read engineering drawings. We will also consider applications from individuals who have worked within a warehouse, stocks or stores role and are looking to carve a career within inspection. It would be advantageous if you hold a forklift licence (Counterbalance) and have experience of working to ISO9001, ISO140001 and ISO45001 standards but this is not essential.
This is a rare opportunity to join an international, local company who have expanded steadily over the last 10 years and so can offer stability, generous salary and scope for future development.
Industry: Industrial Engineering
Salary: £22k - 25k per year + benefits
Contact: Emma Ganner